Friday, November 30, 2007

Parallel parking and it's parallel life lessons

Last night after work I was driving around trying to find a parking spot. I usually end up parking at the opposite end of the neighborhood from where I live. I don’t know what was going on in the neighborhood but there were no spots to park, so I thought. I almost went back to work because I didn’t want to get towed for parking in the wrong spot (they are notorious for towing in this neighborhood). As much as I love my job I loved my bed even more at that moment. I spotted a spot but it wasn’t big enough for my jeep, I even tried but couldn’t get in. I drove around some more and came back to the spot again. It took me nearly 15 min of slow and small movements but I wedged myself in.

The lesson here is to never give up. In this case I learned I am better at parallel parking that I thought and I got a much closer spot than usual. In life I have given up WAY too easily just because things have gotten hard. I thought getting into the parking spot was going to be hard, but it really wasn’t it just took time. I wonder how many times I’ve quit other things because I thought they were too hard but all they really needed was some slow, small movements and time? No use in living in the past because all I have is now. From now on I am not going to give up so easily

No comments: