Sunday, July 1, 2007

Why the name "Goddess on Wheels"?

The name "Goddess on Wheels" came to me via a card I received from my friend and spiritual teacher, Hope. The card said "May you always Remember who you ARE! A Goddess on wheels!"

The card was written before I made my decision what I want to do after I leave my job on the 20th of this month and come back from Ukraine August 7th. The card came along with 19 others from the Hope Interfaith Center (HIC). At each monthly spiritual study the attendees write cards to the three people whose names are written on the white board. At the study last week I was one of those three people listed on the board. As people filter in for the study Hope tells them about the people listed and what situation they are in. As of last Tuesday I only had fleeting ideas here and there of what I wanted to do with my life come August. During the study an idea came to me; drive around the US for a year seeking out spiritual communities and come back to Mankato next fall to start the leadership class at HIC. I plan on working with temp agencies in various cities. I am starting off in Omaha, Nebraska. Why Omaha? I'm not quite sure, it just came to me. I'll decided where to go next when I get to Omaha. My initial plan is to head out West and make a huge loop around the US, ending back in Mankato next Fall.

Yes, I am going to keep up this blog during the journey. I plan on taking pictures and posting some videos on youtube.

No comments: