Friday, August 24, 2007

Thankfully I had the money (update added at end of post)

Yesterday I called a mechanic and scheduled my Jeep for an oil change and overall inspection before I hit the road. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I took it in. I thought something was funny when I had to add coolant last January and again today. I saw steam a few times but didn't think anything of it because it didn't happen on a consistent basis. Put two and two together and you need a new radiator. One of the CV joint boots also had a hole in it and my transmission fluid needed to be flushed. So almost $1000 later I'll be set to go. I'm thankful I had the money and I didn't break down in the middle of no where.

Saturday morning update:

the final cost was $966. For a few weeks now I've always had the number $1,000 to get my Jeep ready for the road. They were not sure if they were going to be able to get it all done Friday but they called me at 3:40pm to tell me they were finished. I found a new mechanic. I will always take my vehicles to Austin's Auto Repair in North Mankato as long as I am in the Mankato area.

No comments: